The Standard Reinsurance Agreement (SRA) and the Livestock Price Reinsurance Agreement (LPRA) are cooperative financial assistance agreements between the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation (FCIC) and an insurance company. FCIC is a government corporation within USDA authorized to carry out programs of the Federal Crop Insurance Act. The Risk Management Agency acts on behalf of FCIC to administer all Federal crop insurance programs.
The SRA and LPRA establish the terms under which FCIC provides reinsurance and subsidies on eligible crop insurance contracts sold by the insurance company. By regulation, an insurance company must be in good financial standing and in compliance with the state laws where domiciled and writing business prior to being considered for approval of an SRA or LPRA.
2019 Standard Reinsurance Agreement
- Appendix I Regulatory Duties and Responsibilities
- Appendix II: Plan of Operations
- Plan of Operations Guidance
- 2019 SRA Plan of Operation Template
- Exhibit III.f.1-3: Agent Compensation Template: XLS | PDF
- Exhibit III.g.1-3: Loss Adjustment Expense Template: XLS | PDF
- Exhibit III.h.1-3: Total Expense Template: XLS | PDF
- Exhibit IV.h.1: Escrow Agreement with Reinsured Company
- Exhibit IV.h.2: Escrow Agreement with Bank
- Business Pandemix Influenza Planning Checklist
- Appendix III (Currently not available)
- Appendix IV: Quality Assurance and Program Integrity
2019 Livestock Price Reinsurance Agreement
- Appendix I: Regulatory Duties and Responsibilities
- Appendix II: Plan of operations
- Appendix III: (Currently not Available)
- Appendix IV: Quality Assurance and Program Intergrity
- Guidance for Updating the SRA Appendix IV Review Matrix
- Contact Information
For more information, Email RMA Public Affairs.