PRODUCT MANAGEMENT BULLETIN: PM–23-024.1
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services
Risk Management Agency
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-0801
All Risk Management Agency Field Offices
All Other Interested Parties
The Federal Crop Insurance Corporation (FCIC) has reopened the comment period deadline contained in the Request for Information soliciting public comments on possible changes to the prevented planting provisions an additional 30 days.
FCIC originally announced the publication of a Request for Information in the Federal Register on May 23, 2023, soliciting public comments on possible changes to the prevented planting provisions of the Common Crop Insurance Policy (CCIP), Basic Provisions. The comment period for the original notice closed on September 1, 2023. However, based on requests received during the initial comment period, FCIC has reopened the comment period for an additional 30 days (from September 12, 2023, through October 12, 2023) to allow the public to comment on the prevented planting provisions.
FCIC is interested in public feedback on:
- Additional prevented planting coverage based on harvest prices in situations when harvest prices are higher than established prices initially set prior to planting;
- Requiring that acreage must have been planted to a crop, insured, and harvested, in at least 1 of the 4 most recent crop years;
- Additional levels of prevented planting coverage;
- Offering prevented planting coverage on contracted crops; and
- Other general prevented planting feedback or questions.
FCIC invites all stakeholders to respond to this Request for Information by submitting written comments through the close of business on October 12, 2023, at regulations.gov. Search for Docket ID FCIC–23–0001 and follow the instructions for submitting comments.
December 31, 2023