PRODUCT MANAGEMENT BULLETIN: PM–22-035
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services
Risk Management Agency
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-0801
All Risk Management Agency Field Offices
All Other Interested Parties
The Risk Management Agency (RMA) revised the Malting Barley Endorsement to make the following clarifications for the 2023 and succeeding crop years:
- Throughout Crop Provisions, changed “fall” to “winter” to be consistent with terminology in the Small Grains Crop Provisions.
- Clarified the definition of “local market price” to ensure the local market price applies to malting barley accepted at a reduced price (in addition to rejections) for failing to meet contract or Special Provisions specifications, as applicable; and
- Limited minimum calculated indemnity to zero in section 8(a)(6).
The following documents will be available by close of business today on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov:
- Malting Barley Endorsement (23-0091b)
- Malting Barley Endorsement Insurance Standards Handbook (20240)
Approved insurance providers must notify policyholders of these changes at least 30 days prior to the cancellation date, as required by the policy.
Interested producers should contact a crop insurance agent for further information. A list of agents can be found on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov/Information-Tools/Agent-Locator-Page.
December 31, 2022