PRODUCT MANAGEMENT BULLETIN: PM–21-020
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services
Risk Management Agency
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-0801
All Risk Management Agency Field Offices
All Other Interested Parties
The Risk Management Agency (RMA) is implementing expansion of the Production and Revenue History (PRH) Strawberry Pilot crop insurance program to California as approved by the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation Board of Directors.
For crop year 2022, the PRH strawberry policy:
- Expands coverage to Fresno, Merced, Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, and Ventura counties.
- Provides the following planting periods for California:
- A summer planting period for Fresno and Merced counties;
- A winter planting period for Monterey and Santa Cruz counties; and
- Both a winter and summer planting period for San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura counties.
- Establishes the sales closing date for California as July 1.
RMA is also making clarifying revisions for the 2022 and succeeding crop years, including:
- Added “Relay Crop” definition to clarify approved production practices in Florida;
- Clarified how the revenue report history is determined; and
- Clarified the price computation when an election is made but no sales were made to the buyer type.
The following documents will be available by close of business today on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov:
- PRH Strawberry Pilot Crop Provisions (2022-PRH-0154)
- PRH Pilot Plan of Insurance General Provisions (22-PRH)
Approved insurance providers must notify existing PRH policyholders of these changes at least 30 days prior to the cancellation date, as required by the policy.
Interested producers should contact a crop insurance agent for further information. A list of agents can be found on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov/en/Information-Tools/Agent-Locator-Page.
December 31, 2021