PRODUCT MANAGEMENT BULLETIN: PM–19-067
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services
Risk Management Agency
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-0801
All Risk Management Agency Field Offices
All Other Interested Parties
The Federal Crop Insurance Corporation Board of Directors approved changes to the Sweet Potato crop insurance program, under section 508(h) of the Federal Crop Insurance Act, on September 20, 2019.
The following changes are applicable for the 2020 and succeeding crop years:
- Allowance of optional units;
- Removal of the 4-year production requirement for insurance;
- Increase in the allowable acreage expansion from 110 to 115 percent of historical acreage;
- Revision to loss adjustment procedures for irregularly-shaped fields.
The following documents will be available by close of business today on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov:
- Sweet Potato Crop Provisions (20-0156)
- Sweet Potato Loss Adjustment Standards Handbook (20140L)
- Sweet Potato Insurance Standards Handbook (20140U)
Approved insurance providers must notify policyholders of these changes at least 30 days prior to the cancellation date, as required by the policy.
December 31, 2019