PRODUCT MANAGEMENT BULLETIN: PM–22-052
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services
Risk Management Agency
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-0801
All Risk Management Agency Field Offices
All Other Interested Parties
On February 17, 2022, the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation Board of Directors approved changes to the Actual Production History (APH) Caneberry crop insurance program under section 508(h) of the Federal Crop Insurance Act.
The following changes are applicable for the 2023 and succeeding crop years:
- Removes the cut back, grow through, mow down, and new planting practices; and
- Revises the minimum number of plants per acre for container practices.
The following documents will be available by close of business today on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov:
- Fresh Market Caneberry Crop Provisions (23-CB-6000)
- Caneberry Loss Adjustment Standards Handbook (FCIC-20420L)
- Caneberry Insurance Standards Handbook (FCIC-20420U)
Approved insurance providers must notify policyholders of these changes at least 30 days prior to the cancellation date, as required by the policy.
Interested producers should contact a crop insurance agent for further information. A list of agents can be found on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov/Information-Tools/Agent-Locator-Page.
December 31, 2022