PRODUCT MANAGEMENT BULLETIN: PM–22-038
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services
Risk Management Agency
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-0801
All Risk Management Agency Field Offices
All Other Interested Parties
When provided in the actuarial documents, the Hurricane Insurance Protection - Wind Index (HIP-WI) Endorsement is available for both Catastrophic (CAT) and additional coverage for Common Crop Insurance Policy Basic Provisions policies in counties near the Gulf of Mexico, Atlantic Ocean, and Hawaii.
The following changes are applicable for the 2023 and succeeding crop years:
- Revision of the definition of “Hurricane coverage range”;
- Clarification that the coverage provided by the Endorsement may be combined with other endorsements that do not duplicate the coverage of HIP-WI, and is not limited to the Supplemental Coverage Option (SCO) Endorsement and the Stacked Income Protection Plan (STAX); and
- Revision to clarify that other endorsements not limited to SCO and STAX may be used to calculate the Hurricane Protection Amount.
The following documents will be available by close of business today on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov:
- 2023 Hurricane Insurance Protection - Wind Index Endorsement (23-HIP-WI)
- 2023 Hurricane Insurance Protection - Wind Index Insurance Standards Handbook(FCIC-24360)
- 2023 Hurricane Data Provisions (23-HDP)
Approved insurance providers must notify policyholders of these changes at least 30 days prior to the cancellation date, as required by the policy.
Interested producers should contact a crop insurance agent for further information. A list of agents can be found on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov/InformationTools/Agent-Locator-Page.
December 31, 2022