PRODUCT MANAGEMENT BULLETIN: PM–20-087
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services
Risk Management Agency
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-0801
All Risk Management Agency Field Offices
All Other Interested Parties
The Federal Crop Insurance Corporation Board of Directors approved modifications to the Hemp APH Insurance Program, under section 508(h) of the Federal Crop Insurance Act, on August 20, 2020.
The following changes are applicable for the 2021 and succeeding crop years:
- Expansion to new states in select counties: Arizona, Arkansas, Nevada, and Texas
- Expansion to new counties (13) in states with existing coverage: Conejos, CO; La Plata,CO; Moffat, CO; Routt, CO; San Miguel, CO; Kenton, KY; Whitley, KY; Houghton, MI;Granite, MT; San Miguel, NM; Valencia, NM; Scott, TN; Alleghany, VA
- Allowing broker contracts for hemp grain
- Adjusting program, reporting, and billing dates to match dates of similar crops by region
The following documents will be available by close of business today on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov.
- Hemp Crop Provisions (21-1218)
- Hemp Crop Insurance Standards Handbook (FCIC-20600U)
- Hemp Loss Adjustment Standards Handbook (FCIC-20600L)
Interested producers should contact a crop insurance agent for further information. A List of agents can be found on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov/Information-Tools/Agent-Locator-Page.
December 31, 2021