PRODUCT MANAGEMENT BULLETIN: PM–20-005
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services
Risk Management Agency
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-0801
All Risk Management Agency Field Offices
All Other Interested Parties
The Federal Crop Insurance Corporation Board of Directors approved modifications to the Pecan Tree Crop Insurance Program, under section 508(h) of the Federal Crop Insurance Act, on August 15, 2019. The following changes are effective for the 2021 and succeeding crop:
- Increasing the Occurrence Loss Option trigger to 10 percent, with corresponding adjustments to rates;
- Adding additional method to qualify for optional units when orchards on contiguous land are separated by the minimum distance specified in the Special Provisions; and
- Allowing different coverage level and percentage of price election to be elected for each type.
The following documents will be available by close of business today on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov:
- Pecan Tree Crop Provisions (21-0284)
- Pecan Tree Fact Sheet
- Pecan Tree Crop Insurance Standards Handbook (FCIC-20300U)
- Pecan Tree Loss Adjustment Standards Handbook (FCIC 20300L)
Approved insurance providers must notify policyholders of these changes at least 30 days prior to the cancellation date, as required by the policy.
The 2021 crop year sales closing date for the Pecan Tree Insurance Program is May 15, 2020. Interested producers should contact a crop insurance agent for further information. A list of agents can be found on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov/Information-Tools/Agent-Locator-Page.
December 31, 2020