PRODUCT MANAGEMENT BULLETIN: PM–19-071
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services
Risk Management Agency
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-0801
All Risk Management Agency Field Offices
All Other Interested Parties
The Federal Crop Insurance Corporation (FCIC) amended the Sugar Beet Crop Provisions for the 2020 and succeeding crop years in all counties with a November 30 contract change date and 2021 and succeeding crop years for all other counties, with the following changes:
- Revised the maximum early harvest adjustment to the higher of the producer’s approved actual production history yield or the actual yield of the sugar beets harvested after full maturity from the unit;
- Replaced the definition of “processor contract” with “production agreement,” which does not require a price or formula based on third party data;
- Revised the production agreement deadline from the time of loss to the acreage reporting date;
- Clarified when to apply the early harvest adjustment;
- Added procedures allowing third parties to test raw sugar content in addition to the processor; and
- Added salvage value procedures for damaged production.
A Final Rule with these changes published in the Federal Register on November 29, 2019. FCIC invites you to submit comments on this rule through the close of business January 28, 2020 at www.regulations.gov/.
The Sugar Beet Crop Provisions (20-039) will be available by close of business today on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov.
Approved insurance providers must notify policyholders of these changes at least 30 days prior to the cancellation date, as required by the policy.
December 31, 2020