INFORMATIONAL MEMORANDUM: R&D-99-034
TO: All Reinsured Companies All Risk Management Agency Field Offices FROM: Tim B. Witt /s/ Roberta Waggoner (for) Deputy Administrator SUBJECT: 2000 Manual-13, Data Acceptance System (DAS) Handbook
The 2000 Manual-13, Data Acceptance System and Reinsurance Accounting System Handbook,
has been issued/released. This update includes modifications for new crops for Reinsurance Year (RY) 2000, changes in the Crop Insurance Handbook and the identification of duplicate policies. These changes were discussed at the May 20 and 21, 1999, Information Technology Meeting with company representatives.
The 2000 Manual-13 Handbook is available electronically via the Risk Management Agency's (RMA) Home Page. The RMA Website address is: http://www.rma.usda.gov/actuarial/ under the Data Acceptance System (M-13) Handbook directory.
For questions regarding M-13 content, please contact Seavey Anthony, Data Quality
Section, at (816) 926-3865. Questions on downloading files should be directed to Trish Blegen at (816) 926-3883.
This Informational Memorandum is for the purpose of transmitting information and the expiration date is December 31, 2000.
The 2000 M-13 has the following changes from the 1999 M-13:
July 16, 1999
1. Account Narrative - Clarified wording (page 20) on Multi-County application procedure. Added paragraph
to page 25 on DAS Duplicate Edit Process.
2. Added two new crops for Year 2000, Mint (0074) and Fresh Market Beans (0105).
3. Removed all reference to Nursery (0056).
4. 11 Record - Updated field edit on Guarantee Reduction flag, field 24. Removed the Late-Process flag
field 69, from the record.
5. 13 Record - Removed the Late-Process-Flg, field 45 from the record.
6. 14 Record - Updated field edit on Type Code, field 11 for Arizona Grapes (0052). Added field,
Cancellation and Transfer Application, to the record (this is the field that was removed from the 10 record).
Added Written Agreement flag, field 33.
7. 14 Record Exhibits - Updated Fee by Type Crops (14-2) for Arizona Grapes(0052).