August 31, 1999
TO: All Reinsured Companies
FROM: Robert J. Prchal, Deputy Administrator /s/
SUBJECT: 2000 & 2001 Perennial Crop Transitional Yield and Acreage Tolerance Listing
The 2000 & 2001 Perennial Crop Transitional Yield and Acreage Tolerance Listing (Listing) has
been issued. This Listing provides transitional yields (T-Yields) for the 2000 crop year and the
2001 crop year for Arizona, California and Texas citrus crops and Hawaii macadamia nuts. In
addition, a list of new county crop expansion perennial crops and updates of perennial
T-Yields by Regional Service Office (RSO) is provided with this Listing.
The Listing will be available electronically via the Risk Management Agency's (RMA) Home
Page. The RMA Website address is: http://www.rma.usda.gov
For questions regarding the 2000 & 2001 Perennial Crop Transitional Yield and Acreage
Tolerance Listing, please contact Sharon Hestvik, Insurance Services, at (202) 720-6685.
This Informational Memorandum is for the purpose of transmitting information and the expiration
date is December 31, 2000.
December 31, 1999.
The 2000 & 2001 Perennial Crop Transitional Yield and Acreage Tolerance Listing Has the
- Added T-Yields for current blueberry counties and Added NEW peach T-yields.
Oklahoma City RSO:
- NEW Transitional Yield table for citrus fruit by tree age for Cameron, Hidalgo, and Willacy counties,
Texas. Actual Production History program will be available (NEW) for Texas Citrus beginning with the
2001 Crop Year.
- Added NEW blueberry T-yields and Added T-Yields for current blueberry counties.
- Updated all Apple T-Yields for Raleigh Region.
- Almonds were reviewed and T-yields updated with more recent yield history.
- Arizona and California citrus crop t-yields were updated for the 2001 crop year for the counties that
indicated a change based on county history and experience in the State.
- Grapes were reviewed and T-yields updated for the 2000 crop year. Added three NEW grape varieties to
the California Grape T-yield Crush Reporting District: Pinot Gris (Type Code 098); Viognier (Type Code
099); and Red Zinfandel (Type Code 113).
- Added NEW peach county T-yields.
St. Paul RSO:
- Added NEW apple county T-yields.
- Added NEW pear county T-yields.
- Pear Type codes changed to 186 Green & Red Bartlett, 187 Bosc and Anjou, 188 Green & Red Comice.
Type code 189 is no longer applicable. "Year Planted" was removed from all T-Yield Tables . NEW
Statement has been added to define determination based only on "Leaf Year."
- T-Yield tables have been updated to show the current crop year 2000 as applicable.
1. Added NEW blueberry T-yields;
- Acreage Tolerances for Florida Citrus remain in effect for the 2000 crop year (All other acreage
Tolerances for Perennials were removed in 1998).