RMA ANNUAL WRITING CONTEST RULES OF ENTRY
Michelle Fuller (202) 720-6356
1. Entrants must be current FFA members in good standing.
2. All entries:
- Must be in the form of a personal essay on the topic of risk management strategies used in a supervised
agricultural experience (SAE). Students should analyze the risks involved in the SAE, describe their risk management strategy and indicate which Ďtoolsí were used to minimize risk and how they were applied.
- Essays must be no fewer than 1,000 words.
- Essays must be typed, double-spaced and on plain white paper.
- Essays must be the original work of the student.
- Must include a cover page with the following information:
- Entrantís name and current grade.
- Home address and telephone number.
- FFA chapter name, chapter address, advisorís name and school telephone number.
- Entries with incomplete cover pages will be disqualified.
- Must include a one-page outline or description of the entrantís SAE.
- The outline does not count in the 1,000
- Entries that do not include an outline will be disqualified.
- Must include a bibliography.
- Bibliography must cite at least two references (RMAís Introduction to Risk
Management may be used as one of these references.)
- Entries that do not include a bibliography will be disqualified.
Entries must be postmarked by January 31, 2007 and should be sent to:
Risk Management Essay Contest
National FFA Organization
P. O. Box 68960
Indianapolis, IN 46268-0960
Sponsored by USDA's Risk Management Agency as a
special project of the National FFA Foundation